Question:
do you think cds should be banned because of its lyrics?
2006-02-17 06:45:08 UTC
do you think cds should be banned because of its lyrics?
Six answers:
Benji Man
2006-02-17 06:52:17 UTC
No, in hte USA there is freedom of speech, even if that speech is hateful, explicit, or foul, it still exists. Retailers have the right themselves to exclude or include cd's with explicit lyrics as do the consumer in purchasing their cds.
Seraphina
2006-02-17 14:55:30 UTC
No, I don't agree with banning anything. I do support the rating system so parents can decide whether or not they want to buy the music though.

Certain things are reserved for adults and they should remain that way. We need to be responsible about what we let our kids listen to and watch, but it is our job as parents to do that, not the job of the government.
Ragdollfloozie is Pensive!
2006-02-17 14:49:12 UTC
no but it would be helpfull for parents to have a disclosure label. I think it is wrong to censor music and think it's the first sign that the state wants to truly control our lives. This goes for books and reading material as well. I think artists should,however, aspire for some dignity in their works.
2006-02-17 14:46:50 UTC
They should stick to a rating system. Adults should be able to buy what they want, but children need to be protected from such things. We need public decency laws, but people need privacy in their own homes. What they do in private is between them and God, and they are the ones who have to answer to it on Judgement Day.
cutiepie81289
2006-02-17 14:53:06 UTC
No, we don't need our rights taken away from us.
yvonne_14
2006-02-17 14:47:19 UTC
no......not all songs have bad lyrics